Friday, June 11, 2010

I've Got My World Cup Widget

At last the waiting is over and we get some football! World Cup fanatics who use the Mac or an Android phone may like the widget that El País have prepared. You can put it on a web page too, but I reluctantly realised that I was going to have to resize my entire blog to show it properly on the sidebar.


Expectations over Spain's chances have increased even more following their drubbing of Poland the other day, although a few Spaniards I have talked to are very cautious about being over optimistic this time; the memories of previous failures in this tournament are still too fresh. However, they seem to be regarded as joint favourites alongside Brazil. I just hope that it is entertaining, too often the World Cup is like a slowly deflating balloon as football gives way to tactics and the teams that manage to progress are the most cautious and boring. Yes, I am thinking of Italy.

6 comments:

Pueblo girl said...

OH nooo! Thank god we still haven't got around to putting up whatever we need on the roof to watch TV now.

Graeme said...

It looks like the referee is reaching for his pocket....yes it's a yellow card for Pueblo girl - for dissent I think. The referee really had no choice there.

ejh said...

Well, I've already got a huge great TV aerial, but as I have a huger, greater church tower between it and the transmitter, and as the introduction of digital, with its weaker signal, has meant we no longer receive a signal from the Catalan transmitter as we did with analogue, I can't actually watch any of it at all.

Graeme said...

Given that most of the aren't even on public access TV in Spain it just looks as if you'll have to go down to the local bar along with everyone else.

ejh said...

Distance from my house to nearest bar: five kilometres....

Graeme said...

I didn't think there was anywhere in Spain that was 5km from a bar.