Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Civil Unrest

It's almost predictable isn't it? The moment Maria Esperanza turns up in India the shooting starts! I can understand the reaction, she has a similar effect when she gets into a helicopter - just ask Mariano. According to El País she plans on visiting a computing company, presumably to congratulate them on how poorly paid their staff are. Of course there are no such companies in the Madrid region, La Lideresa is forced to travel half the world in the midst of an economic crisis just to say something like "that's a nice flatscreen monitor you've got".

5 comments:

Troy said...

Wait for the rhetoric when she gets home....If I were a muslim right now in Spain, I'd be quaking.

Graeme said...

In retrospect, had I known when I wrote my post the full extent of what had happened, I might not have been so light hearted about it. I see from El Mundo this morning that Aguirre is considered one of the "victims" of these attacks. The main doubt now is how she will manage to blame Zapatero for what has happened.

Anonymous said...

Mind you, I just saw on TV explaining how she had to run out of the hotel "barefoot, through puddles of blood". She also complained that there didn't seem to be a protocol in saving her.
So she doesn't seem shy about it.

Troy said...

Like I said...wait till they start going on and on about islamofascism and that the wise old Mustached one was right to adventure in Iraq...the rhetoric will kill more than the poor people that died in the attacks.

Graeme said...

At times like this I miss not having access to Telemadrid, who have no doubt had to shelve all other programming. I see that they whisked her out on the first plane while the rest of her delegation had to stay behind - presumably she imagines herself to be a key target of international terror. As for the blood, I bet she dreams of wading through the blood of her enemies, proabably with a severed head on a stick.