Friday, December 04, 2009

One Flight Leads To Another

I'm hoping that the flight which brought me back to Madrid last night from Frankfurt marks the end of a spell working away from home that turned out to be longer than I expected. I haven't seen that much of Madrid in the last 14 months and with almost weekly commuting to Germany I just hope Iberia appreciate my efforts to keep them going.

However, I'm not going to be leaving the airport alone for very long. Tonight we are leaving for a week in Cape Verde. When I suggested this as a destination I was thinking of it as compensation for my efforts in the Himalayas a few weeks ago. The image I had in my mind was one of beach hammocks, chilled beer, fresh fish and a couple of good books. Now, thanks to that mysterious process known as "not being in control" it seems that the walking boots are coming too. Ate logo.

3 comments:

Katie said...

you don't stop, do you?! i know a cape verdean woman back in the states who's just lovely and speaks fondly of her home. the islands have had a draw for me since i met her and since i first heard cesária évora's music. enjoy!

Daniel said...

Vocês também vão voar ás ilhas, não é?
e o aquecimento global, meu caro? vocês já pensaram nisso? porém, bom vôo e boas férias!

Graeme said...

@Daniel

You're right, my pegada de carbono has been far too big this year. Next year I plan to spend less time in airports.


@Katie

I was on Cesaria Evora's island - Sao Vicente - just the other day. People were very nice and I recommend it as a destination.