Saturday, September 26, 2009

Taking A Break, But Not Resting

This blog has been fairly quiet recently and I have all sorts of half-completed posts which haven't quite made it as far as publication. Things are about to get worse, because of this. I'm not sure whether it's a good idea but it certainly promises to be an experience. Frankly, I'm hoping that the description of it being a "tea-house trek" turns out to be true, that sounds like my level. In the event that I survive the trip I should be back at full blogging rhythm sometime around October 21st. Naturally, because I'm going away, lots of things will happen in the meantime concerning the topics I most like to blog about.

6 comments:

leftbanker said...

I don't think that I would use "tea-house trek" and 5400 meters to describe the same hike but maybe I'm being a sissy.

Tom said...

Wow, good luck!

Katie said...

que envidia! enjoy!

Erik Wirdheim said...

Hi Graeme,

"...because I'm going away, lots of things will happen in the meantime concerning the topics I most like to blog about."

Well, I feel that you're quite right here. How can it be that you're in Nepal, when you ought to be reporting live from Valencia, where the Camps government all of a sudden seams "touchable" (Rajoy apparently called him in for clarifications today)?

I admit that I have been a disaster in following your blog lately, but now we'd all need your PP insights.

Feeling compelled to come back earlier than planned? Don't! Please, leave the computer and enjoy the view outside instead. There'll be new scandals for you to dig into when you're back. ;-)

Cheers,

Erik

Erik Wirdheim said...

Hi Graeme,

I just wanted to warn you that you'll be busy when you come back. The "Caso Gürtel" seems to enter into a new dimension and now dominates also Catalan media - as if we didn't have enough local affairs to clean up first.

These days, I miss your expertise and look forward to your coming back!

Cheers,

Erik

ejh said...

Not that it makes any difference to the PP's lead in the opinion polls. On the question of polls, I saw one a couple of days ago in which 53% of Valencians thought Camps lied about how he came by his suits. This was presented as bad news for Camps, but I found myself wondering what the fuck the other 47% think.