Friday, August 20, 2010

Those Lazy August Days

My blogging productivity has slipped recently, and it hasn't been for lack of things to write about or because I've been particularly busy. So let's just blame August in Madrid. Things are about to get even quieter on the blog as I'm leaving tomorrow for just over two weeks in Bali and Lombok. I realise this conjures up the image of happy, lazy days swinging in a hammock by the beach - I had that image myself for a while - but it turns out that there are volcanoes to be climbed. Starting, the day after we arrive, with Lombok's impressive looking Mount Rinjani. I'm hoping that the photo Wikipedia uses is not representative of a an average day on the summit and to be honest I'm starting to wish I hadn't read that article. The curse of blogging. Hopefully there will be some hammock time too. In the meantime, the shadowy committee that really runs this blog assures me that there may be the occasional post appearing during my absence with pictures of mountains and that sort of thing.

4 comments:

Tom said...

Enjoy! Won't it be rather warm there for walking? I suggest you pace yourself and spend some time relaxing in a deck chair with some local cool libation.

Graeme said...

I'll do my best to follow your advice. As for the temperature, it appears that there is a slight difference between the top and the bottom of Rinjani. I'm taking fleeces, gloves and a warm hat.

ejh said...

Wake up, Espe's on telly...

Graeme said...

Not where I am she isn't. I seem to have got from Bali to Germany without pausing to blog. Have to put that right in the next couple of days.