Thursday, May 10, 2007

Happy Blogiversary To Me

This blog celebrates its first anniversary on Sunday. When I started it on May 13th last year I was just playing with the idea of having a blog more out of curiosity than anything else, and it took a while before I established what sort of content I wanted to include in it (having a go at the PP seems to be the central theme of the year - although they do make an easy and tempting target). Also, one feature of my life in Spain was that, email apart, I had almost completely stopped writing in English - and I was becoming aware that my English was getting worse (without producing any corresponding improvement in my Spanish!).

Now, over 180 posts later, it's almost taken over my life; if I didn't have to work for a living it would be even worse. I could mark the anniversary by doing a complete redesign of the blog, but I haven't even got round to changing that vague header I put at the beginning when I couldn't think of anything better. Instead it's going to be clogs not blogs; I'm off to Amsterdam for the weekend and the laptop stays at home.


4 comments:

Evaristo said...

That's funny... I'm off to Spain for the weekend from Amsterdam ;)

Happy anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

Graeme,

I enjoy reading your blog. Stick at it! I agree that they're definitely addictive once you get started. Have a good anniversary weekend in Amsterdam.

Anonymous said...

Continue the good work, I need my daily Spanish politics fix.

Tom said...

Graeme,

Congratulations! This is a great blog with a lot of good content.