Friday, September 24, 2010

MR12


It seems that Partido Popular leader Mariano Rajoy was so impressed by the way in which Zapatero campaigned against him in past elections as "ZP" that he seriously considered using the same kind of political marketing ploy. Sadly, apart from being advised against the idea on the grounds of lacking originality, it seems that MR-12 has already been used for other purposes. The MR-12 was the name given to a Soviet rocket and some of the many elderly PP voters can still be a bit funny about any connection with the Soviet Union. Especially those that served in the División Azul. Other campaigning slogans that seem to have been rejected include the following:

"I need your vote. Or maybe I don't. Let me think about it and I'll get back to you."

"You would vote for me if you knew who my successor as PP leader would be!"

2 comments:

ejh said...

That last one's a winner. I mean I'd vote for him if it was a choice between him and YKW.

Graeme said...

It has cross-party appeal