Monday, March 08, 2010

This Cheese Is A Bit Rich For My Taste

As I'm still slowly making my way home from a very successful calçotada weekend in Girona, it's a short post this morning. As part of my very occasional series on weird Spanish menu translations, I offer you this from the place where we had lunch in Tossa de Mar yesterday. Obviously the economic crisis has affected cheeses as it has the rest of us, but it's nice to know that some have weathered the storm. Although there is no need to flaunt it.

3 comments:

David said...

La calçotada...in Girona, of all places? very exotic indeed!...si tothom sap que per la calçotada s'ha de fer cap a l'Alt Camp (Valls)i rodalia...

Having said this, none other than president Montilla was pictured yesterday with a bib round his neck while scoffing down calçots in a sports centre just outside Barcelona

Anyway, please accept my belated bon profit wishes. I can only hope you didn't top it off with lashings of "botifarra amb seques" as many a clueless pixapins/camaco is wont to do.

Graeme said...

Well we've done it in Valls for the last 3 years, so we felt like a change of scenery. I can testify that the calçots of Girona were up to standard, as were the botifarra and conill that followed them. I saw the picture of Montilla eating his calçot yesterday - I have to say his technique is slightly more elegant than mine.

greyspaniard said...

A local bar is famous for 'Tropical Beacon'. Not a conflict with the local lighthouse but that good old British pub favourite -'Gammon and pineapple'.

When they asked me to help with their menuu translations I advised them to keep this one because of its marketing value!!